By Susan K. Grove, Nancy Burns
Learn tips to appropriately evaluation and use current learn information and the way to behavior your individual unique study. This authoritative textual content supplies presents a entire beginning for appraisal, synthesis, and iteration of analysis facts for medical nursing perform. This re-creation additionally gains superior assurance of the examine equipment so much appropriate to evidence-based perform (outcomes study, intervention learn, and translational research), in addition to an important elevate within the assurance of qualitative study methodologies.
- Comprehensive assurance of nursing research organizes content material into 5 devices: creation to Nursing examine, Nursing study procedures, instruments for Evidence-Based Healthcare, suggestions for reading study and development an Evidence-Based perform, and Writing Proposals and acquiring Funding.
- Rich and widespread examples from the literature demonstrate the significance and immediacy of analysis in nursing perform and produce rules to lifestyles during the context of exact released studies.
- Strong assurance of quantitative and different clinically-applicable examine methodologies gives you an excellent grounding to behavior, appraise, and follow study proof to the realities of scientific perform in today’s healthcare environment.
- NEW! more suitable emphasis on evidence-based practice equips you to generate learn proof and to appraise and synthesize latest learn for program to medical perform. utilizing the ANCC Magnet attractiveness application standards as some extent of concentration, this booklet prepares you for today’s emphasis on evidence-based perform within the medical setting.
- NEW! improved emphasis on qualitative research addresses phenomenological examine, grounded thought examine, ethnographic examine, exploratory-descriptive examine, and historic examine to help the advance of nursing.
- NEW! up-to-date assurance of electronic facts assortment guides you thru use of the net for learn and addresses the original concerns surrounding electronic info assortment methods.
- NEW! Pageburst book research advisor gives you the chance to totally grasp and practice the textual content content material in a handy digital layout with built-in interactive overview questions.
Read Online or Download The Practice of Nursing Research: Appraisal, Synthesis, and Generation of Evidence PDF
Best nursing books
"This e-book may still supply graduate nursing scholars with the information to judge learn proof and use it in perform. With the expanding concentrate on EBP, this ebook may still function an invaluable source. " ranking: a hundred, five stars --Doody's in achieving competency in evidence-based perform now! This e-book presents useful methods for nurses to enhance competency in evidence-based perform (EBP) by way of successfully utilizing and appraising medical experiences.
'It is a superb booklet. .. very hugely urged. ' The foreign magazine of Nursing stories 'The authors of this e-book have made a really profitable try at de-mystifying the method by way of unravelling the full and revealing the phases concerned. ' Nursing instances First variation of Nursing learn in motion was once released in 1990.
Easy methods to accurately assessment and use current learn information and the way to behavior your personal unique study. This authoritative textual content supplies offers a entire beginning for appraisal, synthesis, and new release of study facts for medical nursing perform. This re-creation additionally positive factors more advantageous insurance of the study equipment such a lot appropriate to evidence-based perform (outcomes learn, intervention study, and translational research), in addition to an important raise within the assurance of qualitative examine methodologies.
- Oxford Dictionary of Nursing
- Fast Facts for the Antepartum and Postpartum Nurse: A Nursing Orientation and Care Guide in a Nutshell (Fast Facts (Springer))
- Cherry Ames Flight Nurse: Book 5 (Bk. 5)
- Essays on Nursing Leadership
- The Changing Environment, 1st Edition
Extra resources for The Practice of Nursing Research: Appraisal, Synthesis, and Generation of Evidence
1967). Science and subjectivity. Indianapolis, IN: Bobbs-Merrill. Selye, H. (1976). The stress of life. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill. Shadish, W. , Cook, T. , & Campbell, D. T. (2002). Experimental and quasi-experimental designs for generalized causal inference. Chicago, IL: Rand McNally. C. (1977). Philosophy, science, theory: Interrelationships and implications for nursing research. Image-Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 9(3), 59–63. Silva, M. , & Rothbart, D. (1984). An analysis of changing trends in philosophies of science on nursing theory development and testing.
The nutritional program might be consistently implemented with the use of DVDs shown to subjects in a structured setting. You could also control other extraneous variables, such as participant’s age, history of 25 cardiovascular disease, and exercise level, because these extraneous variables might affect the serum lipid levels. The intent of this control is to more precisely examine the effects of nutritional education on serum lipid levels. Quantitative research also requires the use of (1) structured interviews, questionnaires, or observations, (2) scales, and (3) physiological measures that generate numerical data.
Statistical analyses are conducted to reduce and organize data, describe variables, examine relationships, and determine differences among groups. Control, precise measurement methods, and statistical analyses are used to ensure that the research findings accurately reflect reality so that the study findings can be generalized. Generalization involves the application of trends or general tendencies (which are identified by studying a sample) to the population from which the research sample was drawn.