By Robert Bristow MD, Deborah Armstrong MD
Every one quantity within the Early Detection and therapy of melanoma sequence is full of useful, authoritative info designed to hide the whole diversity of diagnostic methods, together with pathologic, radiologic, bronchoscopic, and surgical elements. you can verify the most secure, shortest, least invasive technique to succeed in a correct prognosis; level the ailment; and select the simplest preliminary therapy for early phases. in line with present proof within the literature, authors supply medical, hands-on instruments that can assist you make proficient judgements on accurately what assessments and imaging reports are had to diagnose and level each one form of melanoma. functional, authoritative, and highly-illustrated, this quantity within the fresh Early Detection and remedy of melanoma sequence covers present protocols and the newest advances in diagnostic imaging and molecular and serologic markers for ovarian melanoma. follow professional recommendation at the most sensible "next-step" plan for various shows and tips for much less invasive protocols. Get scientific, hands-on instruments that will help you make trained judgements on accurately what checks and imaging experiences are wanted for actual analysis and staging. transparent figures, tables, and bins illustrate step by step care of the entire diversity of difficulties encountered. higher deal with your sufferers with procedural movies and extra at the incorporated CD-ROM. The small measurement and handy structure make this a terrific buy for diagnostic reference.Outlines the stairs after analysis to lead you thru formulating a therapy or sufferer care plan.Emphasizes vital points-such as vaccines, paracentesis, and laparoscopic techniques for staging-with "key issues" containers at the start of every bankruptcy and pedagogic positive aspects throughout.Summarizes the method of competently diagnosing and staging melanoma in a logical, nearly algorithmic, strategy for simple reference.Discusses the therapy of early-stage disorder so that you have transparent innovations for care.Complements the tactics defined within the textual content with full-color pictures and line drawings to enhance your figuring out of the material.Features a CD-ROM exhibiting movies of diagnostic systems, in addition to the entire pictures, tables, and drawings from the textual content that can assist you higher deal with your sufferers.
Read or Download Early Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer Series: Ovarian Cancer: Expert Consult PDF
Best diagnosis books
The vintage inner medication guide for college students and citizens! this useful consultant addresses actual exam strategies and methods whereas supplying a catalog of scientific findings because of the actual exam. completely reorganized, the 8th version of DeGowin's Diagnostic exam incorporates a extra uncomplicated, easy-access structure than prior variants.
Throughout North the US and all over the world, basic internists render care to greater than 60% of sufferers with cardiac difficulties. during this re-creation of the warmly got center disorder analysis and treatment: a realistic process, moment version, M. Gabriel Khan, MD, concisely assembles in a reader-friendly layout the entire clinically invaluable details that internists desire in either day-by-day rounds and busy place of work practices to discover right scientific diagnoses and select optimum pharmacologic treatments for his or her sufferers.
- Becker-Shaffer's Diagnosis and Therapy of the Glaucomas, 8e 8th Edition by MD, Robert L. Stamper; MD, Marc F. Lieberman; MD, Michael V. published by Mosby Hardcover
- Cytology: Diagnostic Principles and Clinical Correlates, 4e
- Diagnostic Techniques in Genetics
- Nanotechnology for Biomedical Imaging and Diagnostics: From Nanoparticle Design to Clinical Applications
Extra resources for Early Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer Series: Ovarian Cancer: Expert Consult
55. Chi DS, Eisenhauer EL, Lang J, et al: What is the optimal goal of primary cytoreductive surgery for bulky stage IIIC epithelial ovarian carcinoma (EOC)? Gynecol Oncol 103(2):559–564, 2006. 56. Hoskins WJ, McGuire WP, Brady MF, et al: The effect of diameter of largest residual disease on survival after primary cytoreductive surgery in patients with suboptimal residual epithelial ovarian carcinoma. Am J Obstet Gynecol 170(4):974– 979, 1994; discussion 979–980. 57. Bristow RE, Tomacruz RS, Armstrong DK, et al: Survival effect of maximal cytoreductive surgery for advanced ovarian carcinoma during the platinum era: a meta-analysis.
Several pathways have been known to be abnormal in ovarian cancer including p53, MAPK, cadherin/β-catenin, PI3CA/AKT, and cyclin E pathways. High-grade serous carcinoma (HGSCA) is characterized by very high frequency of mutations in p53, ampliﬁcations in cyclin E, AKT, and PI3CA loci. Low-grade serous carcinoma (LGSCA) harbor activating mutations in KRAS, BRAF, or ERRB2. Endometrioid carcinoma (EMCA) contains mutations in β-catenin and PTEN. Although the molecular genetic changes in clear cell carcinoma (CCCA) have not been extensively studied, mutations in PI3CA have been detected in approximately 20% of cases.
55. Tsuchiya A, Sakamoto M, Yasuda J, et al: Expression proﬁling in ovarian clear cell carcinoma: identiﬁcation of hepatocyte nuclear factor-1beta as a molecular marker and a possible molecular target for therapy of ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Am J Pathol 163:2503–2512, 2003. 56. Hough CD, Sherman-Baust CA, Pizer ES, et al: Large-scale serial analysis of gene expression reveals genes differentially expressed in ovarian cancer. Cancer Res 60:6281–6287, 2000. 57. Francis-Thickpenny KM, Richardson DM, van Ee CC, et al: Analysis of the TGF-beta functional pathway in epithelial ovarian carcinoma.