By Mark Pilgrim
* quickly begin to studying python―very instance orientated process
* booklet has its personal website confirmed via the writer: http://diveintopython.org/
Author is widely known within the Open resource group and the e-book has a different speedy method of studying an item orientated language.
Read or Download Dive into Python PDF
Best python books
Essential SQLAlchemy introduces a high-level open-source code library that makes it more uncomplicated for Python programmers to entry relational databases corresponding to Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite. SQLAlchemy has turn into more and more well known considering the fact that its unencumber, however it nonetheless lacks stable offline documentation. This useful publication fills the distance, and since a developer wrote it, you get an target examine SQLAlchemy's instruments instead of an advocate's description of the entire "cool" features.
SQLAlchemy comprises either a database server-independent SQL expression language and an object-relational mapper (ORM) that permits you to map "plain previous Python objects" (POPOs) to database tables with out considerably altering your latest Python code. crucial SQLAlchemy demonstrates easy methods to use the library to create an easy database program, walks you thru uncomplicated queries, and explains the best way to use SQLAlchemy to connect with a number of databases concurrently with a similar Metadata. you furthermore mght find out how to:
* Create customized kinds for use on your schema, and while it's priceless to take advantage of customized instead of integrated forms
* Run queries, updates, and deletes with SQLAlchemy's SQL expression language
* construct an item mapper with SQLAlchemy, and comprehend the variations among this and energetic list styles utilized in different ORMs
* Create items, store them to a consultation, and flush them to the database
* Use SQLAlchemy to version item orientated inheritance
* supply a declarative, lively checklist trend to be used with SQLAlchemy utilizing the Elixir extension
* Use the SQLSoup extension to supply an automated metadata and item version in line with database mirrored image
In addition, you'll learn the way and whilst to take advantage of different extensions to SQLAlchemy, together with AssociationProxy, OrderingList, and more.
Essential SQLAlchemy is the much-needed advisor for each Python developer utilizing this code library. rather than a feature-by-feature documentation, this booklet takes an "essentials" process that offers you precisely what you want to develop into efficient with SQLAlchemy correct away.
Regular expressions are an exceptionally robust device for manipulating textual content and knowledge. they're now normal good points in a variety of languages and well known instruments, together with Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, VB. web and C# (and any language utilizing the . web Framework), personal home page, and MySQL.
if you happen to don't use normal expressions but, you can find during this booklet a complete new global of mastery over your information. should you already use them, you'll have fun with this book's unheard of element and breadth of assurance. when you imagine you recognize all you want to find out about commonplace expressions, this booklet is a gorgeous eye-opener.
As this publication indicates, a command of standard expressions is a useful ability. ordinary expressions let you code complicated and sophisticated textual content processing that you simply by no means imagined can be computerized. commonplace expressions can prevent time and aggravation. they are often used to craft stylish strategies to quite a lot of difficulties. as soon as you've mastered standard expressions, they'll develop into a useful a part of your toolkit. you are going to ask yourself the way you ever received by way of with out them.
but regardless of their vast availability, flexibility, and exceptional strength, average expressions are usually underutilized. but what's strength within the fingers of a professional should be fraught with peril for the unwary. learning common Expressions can assist you navigate the minefield to changing into a professional and assist you optimize your use of standard expressions.
getting to know usual Expressions, 3rd version, now contains a complete bankruptcy dedicated to personal home page and its robust and expressive suite of normal expression capabilities, as well as improved personal home page assurance within the vital "core" chapters. moreover, this variation has been up to date all through to mirror advances in different languages, together with multiplied in-depth insurance of Sun's java. util. regex package deal, which has emerged because the commonplace Java regex implementation. themes include:
* A comparability of positive aspects between diverse models of many languages and instruments
* How the typical expression engine works
* Optimization (major mark downs to be had right here! )
* Matching simply what you will have, yet now not what you don't wish
* Sections and chapters on person languages
Written within the lucid, interesting tone that makes a posh, dry subject develop into crystal-clear to programmers, and sprinkled with ideas to advanced real-world difficulties, getting to know commonplace Expressions, 3rd variation bargains a wealth info so that you can positioned to speedy use.
Reviews of this re-creation and the second one edition:
"There isn't a greater (or extra worthy) ebook to be had on normal expressions. "
--Zak Greant, coping with Director, eZ Systems
"A actual tour-de-force of a publication which not just covers the mechanics of regexes in notable aspect but additionally talks approximately potency and using regexes in Perl, Java, and . web. .. when you use standard expressions as a part of your specialist paintings (even when you have already got a superb e-book on no matter what language you're programming in) i might strongly suggest this e-book to you. "
--Dr. Chris Brown, Linux Format
"The writer does a very good activity major the reader from regex beginner to grasp. The publication is intensely effortless to learn and chock filled with necessary and correct examples. .. typical expressions are precious instruments that each developer must have of their toolbox. learning average Expressions is the definitive advisor to the topic, and a good source that belongs on each programmer's bookshelf. Ten out of Ten Horseshoes. "
--Jason Menard, Java Ranch
The Python Developer's guide is designed to reveal skilled builders to Python and its makes use of. starting with a short creation to the language and its syntax, the e-book strikes quick into extra complicated programming issues, together with embedding Python, community programming, GUI toolkits, JPython, net improvement, Python/C API, and extra.
Python 201 is the sequel to my first ebook, Python a hundred and one. in the event you already understand the fundamentals of Python and now you need to visit the following point, then this can be the booklet for you! This ebook is for intermediate point Python programmers in simple terms. There will not be any newbie chapters the following. This publication is predicated onPython three.
- Use MySQL with Python
- Game Programming with Python, Lua, and Ruby (Game Development)
- Dive Into Python 3 (Books for Professionals by Professionals), 2nd Edition
- Python Power!: The Comprehensive Guide
- Bioinformatics Data Skills: Reproducible and Robust Research with Open Source Tools (1st Edition)
Extra info for Dive into Python
It would be tempting but incorrect to call this the constructor of the class. Tempting, because it looks like a constructor (by convention, __init__ is the first method defined for the class), acts like one (it's the first piece of code executed in a newly created instance of the class), and even sounds like one ("init" certainly suggests a constructor−ish nature). Incorrect, because the object has already been constructed by the time __init__ is called, and you already have a valid reference to the new instance of the class.
Class attributes You already know about data attributes, which are variables owned by a specific instance of a class. Python also supports class attributes, which are variables owned by the class itself. 18.
5) Any callable object may have a doc string. ) without knowing anything about the object ahead of time. type, str, dir, and all the rest of Python's built−in functions are grouped into a special module called __builtin__. ) If it helps, you can think of Python automatically executing from __builtin__ import * on startup, which imports all the "built−in" functions into the namespace so you can use them directly. The advantage of thinking like this is that you can access all the built−in functions and attributes as a group by getting information about the __builtin__ module.