By Rajasekar Krishnamurthy, Raghav Kaushik, Jeffrey F. Naughton (auth.), Zohra Bellahsène, Akmal B. Chaudhri, Erhard Rahm, Michael Rys, Rainer Unland (eds.)
The Extensible Markup Language (XML) is enjoying an more and more vital position within the alternate of a large choice of knowledge on the net and in different places. The database c- munity is attracted to XML since it can be utilized to symbolize quite a few info f- mats originating in several varieties of info repositories whereas supplying constitution and the prospect so as to add variety info. The topic of this symposium is the combo of database and XML te- nologies. this day, we see starting to be curiosity in utilizing those applied sciences jointly for plenty of Web-based and database-centric purposes. XML is getting used to submit information from database structures on the internet through delivering enter to content material turbines for web content, and database platforms are more and more getting used to shop and question XML facts, frequently through dealing with queries issued over the net. As database platforms incre- ingly commence chatting with one another over the net, there's a fast-growing curiosity in utilizing XML because the typical alternate structure for allotted question processing. for this reason, many relational database structures export facts as XML records, import information from XML files, supply question and replace functions for XML information. additionally, so-called local XML database and integration structures are showing at the database industry, and it’s claimed that they're particularly adapted to shop, keep and simply entry XML documents.
Read or Download Database and XML Technologies: First International XML Database Symposium, XSym 2003, Berlin, Germany, September 8, 2003, Proceedings PDF
Similar international conferences and symposiums books
Databaseresearchisa? eldofcomputersciencewheretheorymeetsapplications. Many thoughts and strategies, that have been considered as problems with theoretical curiosity whilst at the beginning proposed, at the moment are incorporated in carried out database structures and comparable items. Examples abound within the ? elds of database layout, question languages, question optimization, concurrency keep an eye on, statistical databases, etc.
This ebook constitutes the refereed complaints of the fifth foreign Workshop on Interactive disbursed Multimedia platforms and Telecommunication providers, IDMS'98, held in Oslo, Norway, in September 1998. The 23 revised complete papers awarded have been rigorously chosen from a complete of sixty eight submissions.
This booklet constitutes the completely refereed post-proceedings of the thirty first overseas Workshop on Graph-Theoretic ideas in laptop technology, WG 2005, held in Metz, France in June 2005. The 38 revised complete papers provided including 2 invited papers have been rigorously chosen from one hundred twenty five submissions.
- Advances in Computer Graphics and Computer Vision: International Conferences VISAPP and GRAPP 2006, SetГєbal, Portugal, February 25-28, 2006, Revised Selected ... in Computer and Information Science)
- Topology and Physics - Proceedings of Th: Proceedings of the Nankai International Conference in Memory of Xiao-Song Lin
- Verification, Model Checking, and Abstract Interpretation: 6th International Conference, VMCAI 2005, Paris, France, January 17-19, 2005. Proceedings
- Intelligent Agents III Agent Theories, Architectures, and Languages: ECAI'96 Workshop (ATAL) Budapest, Hungary, August 12–13, 1996 Proceedings
- Advances in Intelligent Data Analysis: Third International Symposium, IDA-99 Amsterdam, The Netherlands, August 9–11, 1999 Proceedings
- Recent Achievements and Perspectives in Nuclear Physics: Proceedings of the 5th Italy-Japan Symposium Naples, Italy 3-7 November 2004
Additional resources for Database and XML Technologies: First International XML Database Symposium, XSym 2003, Berlin, Germany, September 8, 2003, Proceedings
The name of the element F K should be unique within the namespace and refer of the element is the name of the key element of the primary key which it references.
In the SilkRoute and XPERANTO approaches, users cannot see the integrity constraints buried in the relational schema from the XML views deﬁned. Another beniﬁt of our proposed approach is that the query translation process gets simpliﬁed. In this paper, we introduce a virtual XML database engine VXE-R which allows users query a relational database via XML as if they were accessing XML documents. VXE-R is composed of three components. A schema translator which translates the underlying relational schema into equivalent XML schema, a query translator which translates the XQuery queries against XML schema into the corresponding SQL queries against the underlying relational schema, and an XML document generator which converts SQL result tables into XML documents.
2. More powerful variants of existing transformations and their use in search algorithms. 3. A study of the impact of schema transformations and the query workload on search algorithms in terms of the quality of the final configuration as well as the time taken by the algorithm to converge. 4. Optimizations to speed up these algorithms. Organization. Section 2 develops the framework for XML-to-relational mappings. Section 3 proposes three different search algorithms based on greedy heuristics. Section 4 evaluates the search algorithms and Section 5 discusses several optimizations to reduce the search time.