By Vandenhole, W., Andre Alen, Johan Vande Lanotte, Eugeen Verhellen, Fiona Ang
This quantity constitutes a statement on Article 26 of the United international locations conference at the Rights of the kid. it's a part of the sequence, "A statement at the United countries conference at the Rights of the Child", which supplies an editorial by means of article research of all sizeable, organizational and procedural provisions of the CRC and its non-compulsory Protocols. for each article, a comparability with similar human rights provisions is made, by way of an in-depth exploration of the character and scope of nation responsibilities deriving from that article. The sequence constitutes a vital software for actors within the box of kid's rights, together with lecturers, scholars, judges, grassroots employees, governmental, non-governmental and foreign officials. The sequence is backed by means of the Belgian Federal technological know-how coverage workplace.
Read Online or Download Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 26: The Right to Benefit from Social Security (Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.) PDF
Best foreign & international law books
Foreign legislations has lately emerged because the subject-matter of a thrilling new box of philosophical research. The Philosophy of foreign legislations includes 29 state-of-the-art essays via major philosophers and overseas attorneys, all released the following in English for the 1st time, that handle the vital philosophical questions about overseas legislations.
This paintings deals a finished and critic method of overseas judicial and arbitral case legislation referring to interpretation of foreign norms and overseas associations in addition to to the way in which the overseas court docket of Justice conceives entry to its jurisdiction and its workout.
The United international locations safeguard Council is intended to be the imperative foreign organ for holding foreign peace and defense, and it has a profound impression at the rights and tasks of states lower than foreign legislations. even though, it's been critically criticized all through its life. This publication examines the function of foreign legislation in its judgements and decision-making technique because the finish of the chilly conflict, with the main of legality as theoretical framework.
A sea swap has taken position in Islamic felony reviews. This e-book either displays and contributes to that vary. typically, students during this box have tended to target legislations as a physique of ideas and doctrines, as ‘fiqh. ’ This quantity is attracted to how the legislation has been utilized to concrete occasions.
- Betty A. Reardon: Key Texts in Gender and Peace (SpringerBriefs on Pioneers in Science and Practice)
- The United Nations System: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
- Justice, the State and International Relations
- Diplomacy at the UN
- Interpretation and Revision of International Boundary Decisions (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- Interpretation in International Law
Additional resources for Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 26: The Right to Benefit from Social Security (Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.)
Under the Revised ESC, the reference treaty is the European Code of Social Security. 97 ECSR, Conclusions XV–1, vol. 1: Belgium. 98 ECSR, Conclusions XV–1, vol. 2: Portugal. 99 ECSR, Conclusions XV–1, vol. 1: France. 100 IACtHR, Five pensioners v Peru, 28 February 2003, Series C No. 98, para. 147. F. Ledesma, ‘The Validity of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in the InterAmerican System’, in: M. ), Beyond the Nation State – Human Rights in Times of Globalization (Uppsala, Global Publications Foundation, 2005), p.
370. 82 CRC Committee, Concluding Observations: Malta (UN Doc. 129, 2000), para. 6. 83 Malta has meanwhile withdrawn its reservation. 84 CRC Committee, Concluding Observations: Nigeria (UN Doc. 61, 1996), para. 33. 85 CRC Committee, General Comment No. 5, General Measures of Implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (Arts. 4, 42 and 44, para. 6) (UN Doc. CRC/GC/5, 2003), paras. 5 and 8. 26 CHAPTER THREE the immediate full realisation of economic, social and cultural rights, due to the limits to available resources.
15. Compare CESCR Committee, Concluding Observations: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (UN Doc. 21, 1997), para. 21. 72 ECSR, ‘General consideration on certain areas covered by the Charter: social protection, General Introduction’, Conclusions XIII–4, p. 37. 73 For family benefits see also ECSR, Conclusions XVII–1 (vol. 2): Turkey. 74 Not in conformity: Turkey, see ECSR, Conclusions XVIII–1. 24 CHAPTER THREE care, sickness, family and maternity, are also highly relevant from a CRC perspective. Furthermore, it is important that a significant percentage of the population is covered.