By Mitch Garnaat
Should you intend to exploit Amazon net prone (AWS) for distant computing and garage, Python is a perfect programming language for constructing purposes and controlling your cloud-based infrastructure. This cookbook will get you all started with greater than dozen recipes for utilizing Python with AWS, according to the author’s boto library.You’ll locate particular recipes for operating with the S3 garage provider in addition to EC2, the provider that permits you to layout and construct cloud purposes. every one recipe features a code resolution you should use instantly, besides a dialogue of why and the way the recipe works. you furthermore may get designated recommendation for utilizing boto with AWS and different cloud companies. This book’s recipes comprise the right way to support you:Launch situations on EC2, and hold song of them with tags affiliate an Elastic IP deal with with an example restoration a failed Elastic Block shop quantity from a photograph shop and visual display unit your personal customized metrics in CloudWatch Create a bucket in S3 to comprise your info items lessen the price of storing noncritical information hinder unintended deletion of information in S3
By Steven Bird, Ewan Klein, Edward Loper
This publication deals a hugely available advent to average language processing, the sector that helps numerous language applied sciences, from predictive textual content and e mail filtering to automated summarization and translation. With it, you'll tips on how to write Python courses that paintings with huge collections of unstructured textual content. You'll entry richly annotated datasets utilizing a accomplished diversity of linguistic information constructions, and you'll comprehend the most algorithms for studying the content material and constitution of written communication.
choked with examples and routines, Natural Language Processing with Python can assist you:
• Extract details from unstructured textual content, both to wager the subject or determine "named entities"
• examine linguistic constitution in textual content, together with parsing and semantic analysis
• entry renowned linguistic databases, together with WordNet and treebanks
• combine ideas drawn from fields as diversified as linguistics and synthetic intelligence
This e-book may help you achieve functional abilities in traditional language processing utilizing the Python programming language and the usual Language Toolkit (NLTK) open resource library. If you're attracted to constructing internet functions, interpreting multilingual information assets, or documenting endangered languages -- or if you're easily curious to have a programmer's point of view on how human language works -- you'll locate Natural Language Processing with Python either attention-grabbing and immensely important.
By Kurt Demaagd
Learn tips to construct your personal desktop imaginative and prescient (CV) purposes quick and simply with SimpleCV, an open resource framework written in Python. via examples of real-world functions, this hands-on consultant introduces you to simple CV concepts for accumulating, processing, and reading streaming electronic photographs. You’ll then the best way to practice those equipment with SimpleCV, utilizing pattern Python code. All you must start is a home windows, Mac, or Linux process, and a willingness to place CV to paintings in numerous methods. Programming adventure is optional.
- Capture photos from a number of resources, together with webcams, smartphones, and Kinect
- Filter photograph enter so your program methods basically valuable info
- Manipulate photographs via acting uncomplicated mathematics on pixel values
- Use function detection ideas to target attention-grabbing components of a picture
- Work with numerous positive factors in one photograph, utilizing the NumPy and SciPy Python libraries
- Learn approximately optical move to spot gadgets that modify among photo frames
- Use SimpleCV’s command line and code editor to run examples and attempt concepts
By Rytis Sileika
As time is going on, method directors are provided with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a group of engineers may need needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer 1000s or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are progressively exchanging their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries that may make automation projects more straightforward. It additionally has broad set of third-party libraries and a really lively improvement neighborhood. this adaptability makes Python a sensible choice for a wide selection of initiatives, from prototyping technology purposes to method upkeep and management jobs.
* This booklet explains and indicates the best way to observe Python scripting in perform. not like nearly all of the Python books, it is going to assist you to method and unravel real-world matters that the majority process directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this ebook, you'll find numerous tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one venture, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and battle through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one venture is followed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll be ready to use instantly or adapt for your specifications and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * resolve real-world process management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking process.
* deal with net functions and parse advanced log documents.
* instantly visual display unit and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
This ebook is basically aimed toward skilled procedure directors whose day by day projects contain taking care of and coping with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be necessary for procedure directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to resolve numerous process management problems.
Python builders also will make the most of examining this e-book, specifically in the event that they are focused on constructing automation and administration tools.
This booklet assumes that readers already use Python and are happy with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet uncomplicated wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and gathering functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* coping with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net software for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with software with DHCP
* retaining an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and featuring Statistical info from Apache Log Files
* appearing complicated Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* an internet site Availability fee Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* information accumulating and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse answer
By Jürgen Scheible, Ville Tuulos
Mobile Python is the advent of Python programming language to the cellular space. This sensible hands-on publication teaches readers how you can detect their software principles at the Symbian OS. Programming at the Symbian cellular platform has been tough and time eating within the past. This leading edge new name will treatment this problem.
Chapters take care of issues which are in response to Python S60 gains and offered in an order that we could the consumer research first the “simple to code” ones after which expanding in complexity.
By Zed A. Shaw
This can be a very newbie ebook for those that are looking to discover ways to code. when you can already code then the booklet will most likely force you insane. It's meant for those that don't have any coding chops to accumulate their abilities ahead of beginning a extra specific ebook. The 2d version gains five new workouts, fixes and updates to almost each workout, and 3 of the recent routines educate you to create an easy net software because the ultimate a part of the publication.
By Alexander Hiam
BeagleBone is a barebone machine that may be configured and customised for various functions and is sort of part the cost of a regular computing device. This booklet will disguise the fundamentals of the way BeagleBone Black's interface subsystems paintings, and will be managed utilizing renowned Python libraries for BeagleBone Black. you'll be brought to BeagleBone Black's GPIO, PWM, ADC, UART, SPI, I2C, and eQEP subsystems. we are going to then dive deep into extra complicated integrated peripherals, demonstrating alternative ways to obtain enter from a consumer together with buttons, potentiometers, and rotary encoders with the eQEP module. we'll additionally know about interfacing with exterior units; this may be tested utilizing the serial modules to interface with exterior units corresponding to temperature sensors and accelerometers. in the direction of the tip of the booklet, we are going to current a number of real-world difficulties and show the right way to remedy them with the talents you've bought.
By Niall O'Higgins
The best way to leverage MongoDB together with your Python functions, utilizing the hands-on recipes during this e-book. You get whole code samples for projects comparable to making speedy geo queries for location-based apps, successfully indexing your consumer files for social-graph lookups, and plenty of different scenarios.
This consultant explains the fundamentals of the document-oriented database and indicates you ways to establish a Python atmosphere with it. methods to learn and write to MongoDB, observe idiomatic MongoDB and Python styles, and use the database with a number of well known Python internet frameworks. You'll detect find out how to version your information, write powerful queries, and steer clear of concurrency difficulties corresponding to race stipulations and deadlocks.
The recipes may help you:
*Read, write, count number, and type files in a MongoDB collection
*Learn find out how to use the wealthy MongoDB question language
*Maintain information integrity in replicated/distributed MongoDB environments
*Use embedding to successfully version your info with no joins
*Code defensively to prevent keyerrors and different bugs
*Apply atomic operations to replace video game ratings, billing platforms, and extra with the quick accounting pattern
*Use MongoDB with the Pylons 1.x, Django, and Pyramid
By Ivan Idris
Over 70 attention-grabbing recipes for studying the Python open resource mathematical library, NumPy
* Do excessive functionality calculations with fresh and effective NumPy code
* research huge units of knowledge with statistical functions
* Execute advanced linear algebra and mathematical computations
Today's international of technology and know-how is all approximately pace and adaptability. by way of clinical computing, NumPy is at the most sensible of the record. NumPy provides you with either velocity and excessive productivity.
"NumPy Cookbook" will educate you all approximately NumPy, a number one clinical computing library. NumPy replaces most of the performance of Matlab and Mathematica, yet unlike these items, it truly is loose and open source.
"Numpy Cookbook" will train you to jot down readable, effective, and quick code that's as with reference to the language of arithmetic up to attainable with the leading edge open resource NumPy software program library.
You will find out about fitting and utilizing NumPy and similar suggestions. on the finish of the e-book, we'll discover similar clinical computing projects.
This booklet provide you with a pretty good starting place in NumPy arrays and common capabilities. additionally, you will know about plotting with Matplotlib and the similar SciPy undertaking via examples.
"NumPy Cookbook" can help you to be efficient with NumPy and write fresh and quick code.
What you'll research from this book
* study complicated Indexing and linear algebra
* be aware of reshaping automatically
* Dive into Broadcasting and Histograms
* Profile NumPy code and visualize your profiling results
* accelerate your code with Cython
* Use the array interface to show international reminiscence to NumPy
* Use common capabilities and interoperability features
* find out about Matplotlib and Scipy that is frequently utilized in conjunction with Numpy
Written in Cookbook variety, the code examples will take your Numpy talents to the subsequent level.
Who this ebook is written for
This ebook will take Python builders with uncomplicated Numpy abilities to the subsequent point via a few useful recipes.
By Sergei V. Chekanov
Medical information research utilizing Jython Scripting and Java offers sensible methods for info research utilizing Java scripting in line with Jython, a Java implementation of the Python language. The chapters primarily conceal all features of information research, from arrays and histograms to clustering research, curve becoming, metadata and neural networks. A complete assurance of knowledge visualisation instruments carried out in Java is additionally incorporated. Written by means of the first developer of the jHepWork data-analysis framework, the e-book offers a competent and entire reference resource laying the root for data-analysis purposes utilizing Java scripting. greater than 250 code snippets (of round 10-20 traces each one) written in Jython and Java, plus a number of real-life examples support the reader boost a real feeling for facts research innovations and their programming implementation. this can be the 1st data-analysis and data-mining ebook that is thoroughly in accordance with the Jython language, and opens doorways to scripting utilizing an absolutely multi-platform and multi-threaded process. Graduate scholars and researchers will enjoy the info offered during this ebook.