By Pamela L. Swearingen
The in basic terms booklet that includes nursing care plans for all center scientific parts, Swearingen’s All-In-One Nursing Care making plans source, 4th version provides a hundred care plans with the nursing diagnoses and interventions you must recognize to take care of sufferers in all settings. It contains care plans for medical-surgical, maternity/OB, pediatrics, and psychiatric-mental wellbeing and fitness, so that you can use only one booklet all through all your nursing curriculum. This version incorporates a new care plan addressing common hard work and delivery, a brand new full-color layout, new QSEN safeguard icons, new quick-reference colour tabs, and updates reflecting the newest NANDA-I nursing diagnoses and collaborative difficulties. Edited by way of nursing professional Pamela L. Swearingen, this publication is understood for its transparent process, easy-to-use layout, and simple rationales.
- NANDA-I nursing diagnoses are included through the textual content to keep you present with NANDA-I terminology and the most recent diagnoses.
- Color-coded sections for medical-surgical, maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric-mental wellbeing and fitness nursing care plans provide help to locate details quickly.
- A constant structure for every care plan permits swifter search for of themes, with headings for Overview/Pathophysiology, well-being Care environment, overview, Diagnostic checks, Nursing Diagnoses, wanted results, Interventions with Rationales, and Patient-Family instructing and Discharge Planning.
- Prioritized nursing diagnoses are indexed so as of significance and physiologic sufferer needs.
- A two-column layout for nursing assessments/interventions and rationales makes it more uncomplicated to test information.
- Detailed rationales for every nursing intervention assist you to use techniques to precise sufferer occasions in scientific practice.
- Outcome standards with particular timelines assist you to set sensible ambitions for nursing results and supply caliber, good value care.
- NEW! Care plan for regular hard work and beginning addresses nursing take care of the buyer experiencing basic hard work and delivery.
- UPDATED content is written via training clinicians and covers the newest medical advancements, new pharmacologic remedies, sufferer defense issues, and evidence-based perform guidelines.
- NEW full-color layout makes the textual content extra person pleasant, and comprises NEW color-coded tabs and greater cross-referencing and navigation aids for speedier search for of information.
- NEW! Leaf icon highlights assurance of complementary and substitute treatments together with details on over the counter natural and different treatments and the way those can engage with traditional medications.
Read Online or Download All-in-One Nursing Care Planning Resource: Medical-Surgical, Pediatric, Maternity, and Psychiatric-Mental Health PDF
Best nursing books
"This e-book may still supply graduate nursing scholars with the information to guage examine proof and use it in perform. With the expanding concentrate on EBP, this e-book may still function an invaluable source. " rating: a hundred, five stars --Doody's in achieving competency in evidence-based perform now! This e-book presents functional methods for nurses to advance competency in evidence-based perform (EBP) by way of successfully utilizing and appraising medical stories.
'It is a wonderful booklet. .. very hugely urged. ' The foreign magazine of Nursing reviews 'The authors of this e-book have made a really winning try out at de-mystifying the method by means of unravelling the entire and revealing the levels concerned. ' Nursing instances First version of Nursing examine in motion used to be released in 1990.
The best way to thoroughly evaluation and use current learn facts and the way to behavior your individual unique learn. This authoritative textual content offers presents a complete starting place for appraisal, synthesis, and iteration of study facts for scientific nursing perform. This re-creation additionally beneficial properties stronger insurance of the learn equipment such a lot acceptable to evidence-based perform (outcomes learn, intervention learn, and translational research), in addition to an important elevate within the insurance of qualitative study methodologies.
- District Nursing Manual of Clinical Procedures
- Pharmacology, 0th Edition
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Primary Care
- When to Use What Research Design
- Introduction To Research Methods & Data Analysis In Psychology
Extra resources for All-in-One Nursing Care Planning Resource: Medical-Surgical, Pediatric, Maternity, and Psychiatric-Mental Health
Explain that cutting cuticles should be avoided and lotion should be used to keep skin soft. An electric razor should be used for shaving the axilla. This information promotes skin integrity and protects hand and arm from injury and subsequent infection. Nursing Diagnosis: Deficient Knowledge related to unfamiliarity with the purpose, type, and management of venous access device (VAD) Desired Outcome: Within the 24-hr period before hospital discharge, the patient and significant other/caregiver verbalize understanding regarding the VAD, including its purpose, appropriate management measures, and reportable complications.
Instruct the patient to slowly sip clear liquids such as broth, ginger ale, cola, tea, or gelatin; suck on ice chips; and avoid large volumes of water. These actions help to increase oral moisture to relieve dry mouth. For Fatigue: If easily fatigued, encourage the patient to eat frequent, small meals and document intake. The energy required to consume and digest a large meal may exacerbate fatigue and discourage further nutritional intake. Provide foods that are easy to eat. , crackers with cheese or peanut butter, nuts, chunks of fruit, smoothies) require less energy expenditure to eat and enable patient to eat in a position of comfort rather than sitting at a table, which requires more energy.
Set mutually agreed-on goals with patient. Mutually agreed-on goals promote adherence to increased activity levels, which will increase the patient’s tolerance. Nursing Diagnosis: Risk for Bleeding related to thrombocytopenia (for all patients receiving chemotherapy and radiation therapy, as well as those with cancers involving the bone marrow) Desired Outcome: The patient is free of signs and symptoms of bleeding as evidenced by negative occult blood tests, HR 100 bpm or less, and systolic blood pressure (SBP) 90 mm Hg or greater.