By Agnar Aamodt (auth.), Peter Funk, Pedro A. González Calero (eds.)
This publication constitutes the refereed court cases of the seventh eu convention on Case-Based Reasoning, ECCBR 2004, held in Madrid, Spain in August/September 2004.
The fifty six revised complete papers awarded including an invited paper and the summary of an invited speak have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from eighty five submissions. All present matters in case-based reasoning, starting from theoretical and methodological matters to complex purposes in a variety of fields are addressed.
Read Online or Download Advances in Case-Based Reasoning: 7th European Conference, ECCBR 2004, Madrid, Spain, August 30 - September 2, 2004. Proceedings PDF
Best international conferences and symposiums books
Databaseresearchisa? eldofcomputersciencewheretheorymeetsapplications. Many innovations and techniques, that have been considered as problems with theoretical curiosity whilst before everything proposed, at the moment are integrated in carried out database structures and similar items. Examples abound within the ? elds of database layout, question languages, question optimization, concurrency keep watch over, statistical databases, and so forth.
This booklet constitutes the refereed complaints of the fifth foreign Workshop on Interactive allotted Multimedia structures and Telecommunication companies, IDMS'98, held in Oslo, Norway, in September 1998. The 23 revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously chosen from a complete of sixty eight submissions.
This ebook constitutes the completely refereed post-proceedings of the thirty first overseas Workshop on Graph-Theoretic options in laptop technological know-how, WG 2005, held in Metz, France in June 2005. The 38 revised complete papers awarded including 2 invited papers have been conscientiously chosen from a hundred twenty five submissions.
- Energy Minimization Methods in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition: International Workshop EMMCVPR'97 Venice, Italy, May 21–23, 1997 Proceedings
- 11th Conference on Waves and Stability in Continuous Media, Porto Ercole (Grosseto), Italy, 3-9 June 2001: WASCOM 2001: proceedings
- Coordination Languages and Models: Second International Conference COORDINATION '97 Berlin, Germany, September 1–3, 1997 Proceedings
- Testing of Software and Communicating Systems: 19th IFIP TC6/WG6.1 International Conference, TestCom 2007, 7th International Workshop, FATES 2007, Tallinn, Estonia, June 26-29, 2007. Proceedings
- Adaptive Multimedia Retrieval:User, Context, and Feedback: 4th International Workshop, AMR 2006, Geneva, Switzerland, July, 27-28, 2006, Revised ... Applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI)
- Field-Programmable Logic Architectures, Synthesis and Applications: 4th International Workshop on Field-Programmable Logic and Applications, FPL'94 Prague, Czech Republic, September 7–9, 1994 Proceedings
Additional resources for Advances in Case-Based Reasoning: 7th European Conference, ECCBR 2004, Madrid, Spain, August 30 - September 2, 2004. Proceedings
Ak : CVk >}, where ai is an attribute name and the constraint CVi speciﬁes the set of “allowable” values for attribute ai . By selecting only certain features for matching and imposing constraints on feature values, a context allows for controlling what can and what cannot be considered as a partial match: all (and only) cases that satisfy the speciﬁed constraints for the context are considered similar and are relevant with respect to the context. Machine learning and knowledge-mining techniques may be applied to determine an optimal context: selecting features which are most “relevant” for a given task and specifying characteristic values for them.
The key features of the framework infrastructure for methods along the main CBR tasks: Retrieve. Retrieval methods are organized around the tasks ObtainCases, AssessSim and Select. Since obtaining the cases is delegated to the Case Base, the methods in this category are mainly responsible for assessing similarity by parameterizing retrieval functionality. A number of similarity functions are provided both for local and aggregate similarity. Framework design imposes that similarity functions must be associated to speciﬁc individual types, the abstract constituents of cases.
There are two types of cases: (1) an input case (target) that describes the problem and is represented as a case without a solution; and (2) a source case, which is a case stored in a case-base that contains both a problem description and a solution. Using the information about the usefulness of individual attributes and information about their properties, attributes are grouped into two or more Telosstyle categories . This enhancement of case representations is used during 26 Niloofar Arshadi and Igor Jurisica the retrieval process to increase the accuracy of classiﬁcation and ﬂexibility of retrieval, and to improve system’s performance.