By Betty L. Gahart RN, Adrienne R. Nazareno PharmD
The no 1 IV drug guide for forty years, Intravenous drugs: A instruction manual for Nurses and overall healthiness Professionals is relied on for its accuracy and accomplished insurance. even if you wish the transportable print model or the handy digital layout, this new version offers crucial info on administering greater than 350 intravenous (IV) medicines, entries for brand spanking new IV medications lately authorized by way of the FDA, enormous quantities of latest drug proof, a close index of familiar and exchange names and extra - all alphabetically equipped that will help you locate drug details quick and easily.
- UNIQUE! released every year to make sure you have crucial info at the so much lately authorized IV medicinal drugs in addition to up-to-date details on latest drugs.
- UNIQUE! comprises thorough assurance of greater than 350 IV medicinal drugs - giving you way over the other related handbook.
- UNIQUE! Time-tested web page format keep all dosage details for every drug on both a unmarried web page or a two-page unfold to avoid hand infection by way of having to show a page.
- Consistent, easy-to-use layout provides all of the crucial medical details you wish on IV drug administration.
- Lists IV medications alphabetically via primary identify for speedy scientific reference.
- Updated IV drug dilution and dosage charts inside of monographs provide easy accessibility to crucial information.
- Special sections highlight dosage variances for geriatric, pediatric, youngster, and neonatal patients.
- Black field Warnings, screening, and highlighting make finding key details speedy and easy.
- Printed thumb tabs help you discover details faster.
"A spouse web site at http://evolve.elsevier.com/IVMeds/ presents indicators, monographs for chosen brokers no longer integrated within the e-book, a step by step educational for calculating IV drug dosages, IV drug dosage calculators, interactive IV drug dosage examples, printable basic dilution and answer compatibility charts, and more."
- NEW! 4 new drug monographs provide you with present, clinically suitable drug info for brand new IV medicines lately licensed via the FDA.
- NEW! up to date drug monographs reflect the most recent adjustments in IV drug therapy.
Read or Download 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e PDF
Similar nursing books
"This e-book should still offer graduate nursing scholars with the information to judge study proof and use it in perform. With the expanding specialize in EBP, this ebook should still function an invaluable source. " rating: a hundred, five stars --Doody's in achieving competency in evidence-based perform now! This e-book presents functional methods for nurses to increase competency in evidence-based perform (EBP) by way of successfully utilizing and appraising scientific experiences.
'It is a superb ebook. .. very hugely instructed. ' The foreign magazine of Nursing reviews 'The authors of this ebook have made a truly profitable try at de-mystifying the method by way of unravelling the total and revealing the phases concerned. ' Nursing instances First version of Nursing learn in motion was once released in 1990.
How you can competently review and use present examine information and the way to behavior your individual unique examine. This authoritative textual content provides presents a finished origin for appraisal, synthesis, and iteration of analysis facts for medical nursing perform. This re-creation additionally positive aspects superior assurance of the study equipment such a lot appropriate to evidence-based perform (outcomes examine, intervention study, and translational research), besides an important bring up within the assurance of qualitative examine methodologies.
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-PN® Examination, 5e (Saunders Comprehensive Review for Nclex-Pn)
- A Companion to the Overseas Nurses Programme
- Learning to Learn in Nursing Practice (Transforming Nursing Practice)
- Critical Care Focus 8: Blood and Blood Transfusion
Extra info for 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e
It may also act by forming an alternate compound and detoxifying the reactive metabolite. 6 hours. Metabolizes to various compounds. Crosses the placental barrier. Some excretion in urine. INDICATIONS AND USES To prevent or lessen hepatic injury after ingestion of a potentially hepatotoxic quantity of acetaminophen. CONTRAINDICATIONS Known hypersensitivity to acetylcysteine or any of its components. â•‡ nâ•‡ Most effective against severe hepatic injury when administered within 8 hours of ingestion.
Elderly: No overall differences in safety and efficacy were observed between older and younger patients, but greater sensitivity of some older individuals cannot be ruled out. , ethanol, isonia- zid) may alter the metabolism of acetaminophen and increase its hepatotoxic potential. â•‡ nâ•‡ Chronic acetaminophen doses of 4,000 mg/day may cause an increase in INR in patients stabilized on warfarin. Effect of short-term use on INR has not been studied. , hydrocodone/acetaminophen [Vicodin, Norco], oxycodone/acetaminophen [Percocet]).
Avoid use in patients with a CrCl less than 10 mL/min (ineffective). DILUTION Each 500 mg should be diluted in 5 mL SWFI. May then be given by IV injection or added to standard IV fluids. IM administration not recommended. Storage: Reconstituted solution stable for 12 hours at RT or 3 days refrigerated. COMPATIBILITY (Underline Indicates Conflicting Compatibility Information) Consider any drug NOT listed as compatible to be INCOMPATIBLE until consulting a pharmacist; specific conditions may apply.